County Home

Accident Procedures

If you are involved in an accident while driving a county vehicle please follow these steps:

  1. Call the local police and have a report taken.
  2. Call your supervisor (while you are waiting for the local police to arrive).
  3. Call Fleet Management (525-3412) and/ or your supervisor can call Fleet.
  4. DO NOT claim responsibility.
  5. Exchange information with the other driver.
  6. Take vehicle to Fleet Management with the exchange of information immediately, but no later than the next business day.
  7. If there is a camera available; take pictures at the scene of BOTH vehicles and surrounding area.
  8. If the local police agency declines to send an officer to take a report, go to the police station immediately to file the report.
John O'Grady President
Marilyn Brown
Kevin L. Boyce